Bo3b's School for Shaderhackers
From Bo3b's School for Shaderhackers
Revision as of 03:20, 22 September 2014 by Bo3b admin
- Ensure user account is Admin
- Game setup and installation
- Text editor setup and installation
- HelixMod tool installation
- Create page on wiki.bo3b.net
- Quiz: Save and share 3D image with red debug text
- Shader hunting keys
- Editing DX9Settings.ini
- Improved shader hunting
- Shader saving
- Save shader text file
- Quiz: Save and share an ASM shader file from the game
- Shader hunting a specific effect
- Saving the shader, then moving it into ShaderOverride
- Editing shader to disable effect
- Load shader to see changes
- Quiz: Save and upload before and after 3D snapshots
- Create an on/off mechanism using HelixMod constants
- Quiz: Modify the toggle code, then upload your changes.
- Creating a complete list of shaders
- Editing shaders to disable effects
- Quiz: Make a second key preset to toggle bloom independently from other effects.
- Pt 1: Play with the Principles of Shading demo.
- Pt 2: Experiment on lava shaders.
- Quiz: Go to the end of the demo, and figure out a way to fix the broken water.
- Fix Lava effect, not just disable it.
- Take a look at how 3D Vision works, so that we all use NVidia's terminology.
- Looking at the prime directive.
- How does this translate to code: Canonical_Stereo_Code
- Fix Lava effect using the prime directive.
- Quiz: In the middle of the demo, fix the broken oil effect using the prime directive.
More lessons to be added...