Lesson 2 - disable effect
This lesson demonstrates how to make our very first fix, by disabling any specific effect in a game.
Using the HelixMod debugger we'll find a specific broken shader that makes the game unplayable.
We'll patch that shader using the text editor to disable the effect.
Save and upload two screen shots. From the same view angle, show the before image, then show the fixed image.
- Shader hunting a specific effect
- Saving the shader, then moving it into ShaderOverride
- Editing shader to disable effect
- Reload shader to see changes dynamically
- Quiz: Save and upload before and after 3D snapshots